The decision process for creating new full-time faculty positions or the replacement of vacated faculty positions is based on demonstrated need and the availability of budget funds as identified through the college’s budgeting and planning process.
In evaluating and prioritizing requests for new full-time faculty positions or replacements, the division deans, the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Success and the President use available data to evaluate the following.
- Faculty ratios in all disciplines
- The need for a full-time faculty member in each major discipline or program
- Program expansion
- New programs based on community needs
- Number of full-time equivalent loads represented by adjunct faculty
- Enrollment trends/viability of programs
The position recommendation is presented to the Planning and Budget Committee for recommendation for approval. The President, in consultation with the vice presidents and the President’s Cabinet, makes the final decision.
After approval and advertisement of the position:
- Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Success requests recommendation for a search committee from the dean. The search committee must be approved by the President.
- The selected search committee is trained by the Human Resources Office in the hiring process.
- The search committee sends forward the names of candidates, unranked, to the dean. The Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Success and dean interview the candidates and sends forward the final list of the candidates to the President.
- The President makes the final decision.
|New/Replacement Full-Time Faculty Positions Evaluation Criteria Process