Schedule Events in the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute
The Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute is pleased to invite the community to schedule professional events in the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute facility.
Use of the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute for professional meetings is part of the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute mission statement.
What kind of event best utilizes the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute?
- Business-oriented events (no children or boisterous events please) that can be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance, with clear instructions regarding setup desired. Many different room arrangements and table sizes are available; let us advise you. Setups can be changed up to 48 hours before the event, and be sure to call if your event is canceled. The Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute would appreciate 24 hours’ cancellation notice.
- Computer training classes and high-tech presentations shine at the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute, where the information technology and audio-visual equipment is first-rate. You can have your software loaded in advance by your IT staff so plan to coordinate this with our office. Our staff is available to assist you with your presentations. You may use your laptop or our computers. Please allow the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute staff to make all changes and adjustments you may need; our system looks easy, but is deceptively idiosyncratic.
- Educational events where certificates of education credit are helpful: the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute can issue CEU certificates at a very low cost per student for classes held here. This ensures that your attendees will be able to use an Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute class to fulfill the continuing education hours required by many professional licensing entities for recertification.
- Catered events run beautifully here, at all levels of food service. Please let us know if you would like to see our caterers list.
- Please remember that Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute is unable to provide coffee service, however, the Brookhaven College Subway offers coffee service without a delivery charge. Pitchers of water and ice are available on site, but cups and napkins, etc., are not. You’ll need to supply your own tablecloths, plates and silverware. Ask for our list of caterers other organizations have liked.
- A word to the wise! Please bring a sign for your food service table so that your guests are the ones who enjoy your refreshments.
Information for your successful event:
- Your attendees cannot access their e-mail on site. Please remember that Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute Internet access is provided for classes only, due to lab and computer configuration.
- There are often several classes running at once in the building; please remind your attendees to be considerate about talking in the halls or atrium area.
- Office support such as telephone, copier, fax and various supplies are available on a limited basis in the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute office for those last-minute fixes and small jobs. More extensive office support can be scheduled in advance, although possibly at another location on campus.
- Event signage should be arranged in advance since signs cannot be attached to walls or other surfaces in the building. However, there are ample white boards, flip charts, etc., available. Just ask!
- Too hot or cold? Please let the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute office know and we will call for an adjustment.
- Please do not prop open the outside doors since this reduces the security of the building.
- Lose something? Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute keeps found items for seven working days, and then sends unclaimed items to the Brookhaven College Police Department, 972-860-4290.
- Stop by the office to let us know when the event is finished, so we may turn off the media.
- Let us know how the event went! We welcome suggestions.
- You might want to provide a link to our site in your own publicity for an event here: http://www.BrookhavenCollege.edu/geotech/.
To book at the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute:
Melanie Gamble, director, at 972-860-4269, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an electronic form to fill out with:
- Date and hours of meeting,
- Expected attendance,
- Contact person’s name and extension or e-mail, and
- Room setup (an illustrated selection of set-up options is included).
Audio-Video Media Assistance
All events must have Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute-approved media assistance during the entire event. No exceptions can be made.
- Please allow the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute to make all media arrangements internally, since the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute staff is totally responsible for the facility’s complex AV system.
- If the event is outside normal business hours or on a weekend, an Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute-approved media assistant may need to be booked. The expense associated with this will be the responsibility of the booking group.
‘Do’s – a Few More Ideas
Do plan on working with BCGI staff, 972-860-4269, email@example.com, in the final stages before the meeting.
Please do make yourself at home at the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute before the meeting! Feel free to call and schedule a time for a tour. Consider a dry run with your computer applications or video selections.
Do let us know if anything changes. We want your event to be a success!
Please consider donating to the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute.
The Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute has no program budget. However, by receiving donations, the Brookhaven College Geotechnology Institute is able to offer a variety of programming such as education for professionals and extensive outreach to the community. Community outreach includes outstanding teacher enhancement classes, a speaker’s bureau that provides professionals for career days and to serve as science fair judges, merit badge colleges for both girls and boys, and many other ways to educate and inspire young people and adults alike with earth science, natural resource management and environmental stewardship.
All donations are tax deductible.