World Languages Division
972-860-4770 | bhcWorldLanguages@dcccd.edu
Why learn Chinese?
Knowledge of the Chinese language and culture will give you:
- a stronger connection with the many native Chinese speakers who live and work around you;
- enhanced career and business opportunities; and
- direct access to Chinese literature and cinema.
Want the ultimate learning experience? Study abroad in China and earn college credit!
Interesting Chinese Facts
- Over one billion people speak some form of Chinese and around 900 million people speak Mandarin.
- The International Monetary Fund projects the gross domestic product (GPD) of China will overtake that of the U.S. in 2017.
- The 21st century has been dubbed "The Chinese Century."
Our Chinese Courses
CHIN 1411-Beginning Chinese 1
CHIN 1412- Beginning Chinese 2
CHIN 2311- Intermediate Chinese 1
CHIN 2312- Intermediate Chinese 2
Actual course offering vary from semester to semester,
so check eConnect
or the online course schedules for current availability.
In order to be eligible for a bachelor's degree at a Texas public college or university, you must first complete a Core Curriculum of courses.
When completed at Brookhaven College, the Core Curriculum is guaranteed to transfer as a
block to any public university in the state of Texas.
You may apply two Chinese courses toward your Core curriculum.
• CHIN 1411 or 1412 can be taken to complete the "Tier 1: Speaking and Listening" course.
• CHIN 2311 or 2312 can be taken to complete the "Tier 2: Humanity, Creativity and the Aesthetic Experience" course.