Why Learn French?
- French is a beautiful and highly expressive language.
- Knowing some French will make visiting France—one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world—even more enjoyable.
- France is a highly influencial country within the worlds of arts and fashion. Learning French may lead to business and career opportunities in these areas.
Want the ultimate learning experience? Study abroad in France or Canada and earn college credit!
Interesting French Facts
- France is the largest country in western Europe, and third largest in all of Europe.
- France has 79.5 million tourists annually, making it the most visited country in the world.
- Between 300 and 500 million people worldwide speak French as a first or second language.
- Over 400 different types of cheese are produced in France.
FREN 1411, Beginning French 1
FREN 1412, Beginning French 2
FREN 2311, Intermediate French 1
FREN 2312, Intermediate French 2
Actual course offering vary from semester to semester,
so check eConnect
or the online course schedules for current availability.
In order to be eligible for a bachelor's degree at a Texas public college or university, you must first complete a Core Curriculum of courses.
When completed at Brookhaven College, the Core Curriculum is guaranteed to transfer as a
block to any public university in the state of Texas.
You may apply two French courses toward your Core Curriculum.
FREN 1411 or FREN 1412 can be taken to complete the "Tier 1: Speaking and Listening" course.
- FREN 2311 or FREN 2312 can be taken to complete the "Tier 2: Humanity, Creativity and the Aesthetic Experience" course.