Degree and Certificate Programs
At Brookhaven College, instruction in Accounting integrates practical, real-world applications with the thorough understanding of financial and managerial accounting principles and hands-on training in computerized accounting. The three Accounting degree and certificate programs are:
Accounting Clerk Certificate - Short Route to a Higher Income
Take the following courses to earn the Accounting Clerk Certificate:
- ACCT 2301, Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACNT 1311, Introduction to Computerized Accounting - learn QuickBooks
- ENGL 1301, Composition I
- MATH 1332, Contemporary Mathematics (or any AAS Core option for mathematics)
- Two general electives (any six hours of elective college credit courses)
Accounting Assistant Certificate - It’$ a Counting Thing!
Secure the marketable skills necessary for entry-level accounting positions. After completing the Accounting Clerk Certificate, earn the Accounting Assistant Certificate by taking the following courses.
- ACCT 2302, Principles of Managerial Accounting
- ACNT 1313, Computerized Accounting Applications – learn Microsoft Excel
- SPCH 1311, Introduction to Speech Communication (or any AAS Core option for speech)
- HUMA 1311, Mexican-American Fine Arts Appreciation (or any AAS Core option for humanities/fine arts)
Upon completion of both the Accounting Clerk Certificate and Accounting Assistant Certificate you will have earned college credits in Basic Financial and Managerial Accounting, QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel!
Find information about gainful employment, program costs and placement rates for Accounting Assistant Certificate and Accounting Clerk Certificate.