Transfer students are individuals transferring to Brookhaven College from another institution and taking spring, summer, fall or winter term courses. Individuals are considered transfer students regardless of staying at Brookhaven College permanently or as a transient student.
Applying and Registering
- Request official transcripts from ALL colleges previously attended.
- Complete your application for admission and submit all official transcripts to the Admissions Office.
- Receive a letter of confirmation and registration materials.
- You may be required to see an advisor for academic planning. Please bring:
Students who do not meet the TSI requirements for college-level reading, writing or math will need to complete the state-mandated pre-assessment activity as well as a Pre-Assessment Workshop before registering for classes.
Complete registration and pay tuition by required date. There is no late registration and failure to pay tuition by the deadline will result in a purge of your courses.
First-time-at-Brookhaven College students may be required to attend a student orientation session.
- All college transcripts from previously enrolled institutions.
- Current assessment results such as SAT, ACT, THEA, TASP test scores.
- Proof of your bacterial meningitis vaccination (if required).
There are limits on the number of credits that can be accepted in transfer for courses completed at other colleges and universities. Please refer to the Acceptance of Credit in Transfer
section of the college catalog for full details.
Brookhaven College is proud to hold partnerships, articulation agreements and transfer pathways with several Texas universities that guarantees an easy, no-hassle transition for our students. Visit the Transfer Services page
for more details about transferring and how to plan. To ensure you are enrolling in courses that will apply toward a bachelor’s degree at your chosen school, please meet with an advisor
to discuss your unique transfer situation.
We frequently welcome visiting recruiters from four-year universities to meet with our students about their offered programs, transfer requirements and more. Recruiters are set up at tables in the Student Services Center Lobby. View the University Visits calendar
for upcoming dates.