Many students work with an advisor to plan their schedule and select their courses before
registering. Continuing students may be eligible to register online through eConnect,
and aren't required to meet with an advisor.
There are several important things to consider when registering each semester.
- The registration period for each semester opens months before courses begin. Some classes fill up quickly, so if you want to have the best choice of classes to fit your work schedule or your educational plans register early.
Registration dates allow current students to start even earlier to choose courses that they have to complete for their degrees or for their transfer plans.
Review your Options
- Have you already chosen a program of study or are you unsure? Look through a listing of
all the programs that are offered at Brookhaven College to find
the one that best meets your career or educational goals.
Develop a Plan
- Don't enroll in a class unless you are sure that it satisfies a requirement in your academic plan unless you have a strong personal interest.
- Become familiar with the classes required to meet your academic objectives and keep a checklist so you can mark them off as your complete them. All the degree plan information for our programs are listed in the college catalog.
- Filing a degree plan lets our advisors and our admissions officers know what your final goal will be. If you plan to transfer to a four-year university, choosing the right degree plan makes a difference, or the Core Curriculum may be the right choice for you. An advisor can help you find the fit for your future.
Plan for Payment
- Apply early for financial aid to receive grants or loans, so you will have ample time to complete and turn in all paperwork.
- Consider a payment plan and discuss this option with your family.
NOTE: Register early! Enrollment is open only for courses that have not met. No late or extended registration period is offered.