What Should I Do?
- Brookhaven College staff will guide you throughout the ceremony.
- Enter through the main doors of the Loos Field House.
- Check in and obtain your name card; proceed to the location you are given.
- You must keep your name card with you; you will take your card with you when you go to the ceremony stage.
- You will be lined up to proceed to the arena.
- Administrators, special guests and speaker, and faculty members lead the processional.
- Graduates will follow, led by a staff member.
- Staff will direct you to your row of seats.
- The college president and other speakers will give remarks.
- Graduates will be directed to get up, row-by-row, and to proceed to the stage with name card in hand.
- Official photos will be taken of graduates in their full regalia and as they cross the stage.
- Hand your name card to the announcer and cross the stage as your name is announced.
- The college president and a member of the Dallas County Community College District Board of Trustees will congratulate you and you will receive a diploma cover.
- Your photograph will be taken as you cross the stage and again while you are backstage.
- You will follow your row of graduates and return to your seat.
- Once all students have crossed the stage, the president will confer the degrees and instruct the graduates to move their tassels from RIGHT to LEFT.