Brookhaven College

Home  |  Career Development Center  |  Continuing Education  |  Current Students  |  Class Schedules  |  Distance Learning = SAVE GAS!  |  eCampus  |  eConnect  |  Employees / News  |  Español  |  Future Students  |  Head Start Center  |  International Students  |  Students 50+   |  Transfer101  |  Workforce Training

A-Z Index:  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z

Veterans Benefits

Bldg. S, Room S015
Veterans Benefits

Effective Immediately

Remedial/developmental courses taken online are not eligible for VA certification.
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday: Closed.
972-860-4673/4847 - GI Bill
972-860-4673/4847 - Hazelwood
Student Services Center, Bldg. S, Room S124


* NEWS FLASH * - Factsheet explaining changes to the Post-9/11 GI Bill in Public Law 111-377

The certifying official acts as a liaison between the Department of Veterans Affairs and the veteran student. This involves assisting with a variety of processing and information needs such as documentation requirements, correspondence, and the certification and receipt of benefits. To contact your veterans affairs certifying official, please come to the Financial Aid Office or e-mail
The process for requesting certification at Brookhaven College depends on your individual situation. Please select the circumstance that pertains to you:

Once you have submitted the requested documentation, the Veterans Services Office will need your official degree plan or parent institute letter before they can submit your certification to the VA regional office.

Processing time: On average, it takes 30-45 days from the date you submit all required documents for your college’s Veterans Affairs Office to process your certification and submit it to the regional VA office. See the VA regional office Web site for information on processing time required before you will receive your benefits. Be sure to submit all your documentation as soon as possible in order to get your benefits promptly.

Where can I get additional information?

VA regulations are subject to change without notice. Contact the college Veterans Affairs Office for information about current regulations and procedures.

Learn more about DCCCD Veteran Services.