Classes are currently being taught online. All physical facilities are closed to the public at this time, and employees are working remotely.
Please visit for additional information and to find contact information for various departments.
If you need additional assistance, please visit My Community Services and our Community Employment Resources.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Please visit Veterans Services to learn about additional services provided by Brookhaven College.

Policies for Military Students

To ensure compliance with career goals and voluntary education requirements, service members are strongly encouraged to speak with their installation or command educational services office or virtual advising center. The Dallas County Community College District understands the challenges active-duty service members face when trying to carve out the time they need for school. If you are feeling that strain, talk to the online advisors about programs you can take advantage of to continue your education.

The Higher Education Relief Opportunities For Students (HEROES) Act of 2003 aims to make sure service members receiving student aid are not affected because of their military status. Among those who are eligible for the HEROES Act of 2003 are — along with their spouses and dependents — active-duty military and members of the National Guard serving during a war.

You should also speak to your advisor about getting a course extension should you not be able to complete any work for a class because of a military obligation.

DCCCD also has a course withdrawal process specifically for active-duty students.

Tuition Refund Assistance

Learn about the DCCCD Military Tuition Assistance Refund Policy.

Readmission of Service Members

Schools are obligated to readmit any service members who cannot attend school because of military service with the same academic status they had when they were last in school or when they were accepted into the school.

If you leave school because of military service and plan on returning, you need to inform the school. To do so, follow the readmission policies in the Federal Student Aid Handbook.