Veterans Services

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at


College is within your reach — whether you want to further your education, convert your military experience into college credit, finish an uncompleted degree or retrain for a new civilian career.

We want to help you receive the full value of your educational benefits. And, most of all, we want to help you succeed in college.

We can help students apply for VA benefits. Find out more about how to apply for and receive VA educational benefits.

Tuition Refund Assistance

Get information as well as dates and deadlines for 60% Dates and Return of Financial Aid Funds.

Veteran Services Office

The Veteran Services Office is your liaison to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for certification of your veteran and veteran-related education benefits. We encourage all students who are eligible for GI Bill® benefits to visit our office prior to enrolling so that we may provide important information and assistance in the proper filing of required forms.

veteran service MF15 Brookhaven College is listed as one of the U.S.’s top military friendly schools.

Veteran Services
Student Services Center, Bldg. S, Rm S136
Fax: 972-860-4129

 Twitter: @BrookhavenSVA

Veterans Student Services

​•  Explanation of GI Bill programs and procedures
•  Certification of Classes using GI Bill Benefits
•  Tutoring Assistance
​•  VA Work-study Program
•  Student Veterans Association
•  Veteran Only Orientation
Attention All Students Using Veteran Benefits.
You must notify the Brookhaven College Veteran ​Services Office of ALL classes taken at Brookhaven (both on-campus and online) and these specific situations.

•  Adds or Drops
•  Withdrawals
•  Cancelled Courses
•  Degree Plan Changes
•  Changes to Major
•  Non-attendance
•  Repeated Courses
Failure to notify the Brookhaven Veteran Services Office of these changes will affect your certification status and could result in delays in your payments from the VA or an over-payment which will require you to reimburse the for VA incorrectly paid courses.

Once you have submitted your documentation, the Veteran Services Office will need your official degree plan and/or Parent School Letter (PSL) before submitting your certification to the VA regional office.

Applying for benefits is not the same as having documentation of benefits (Certificate of Eligibility). If the VA determines you are not eligible, or in the case of Ch. 33-Post GI Bill, that you are eligible at a rate less than 100 percent, the student is responsible for paying any outstanding, unpaid tuition and fees. 

Student Veterans Association - SVA

Brookhaven College Student Veterans Association (SVA) is an official Chapter of the Student Veterans of America, a national coalition dedicated to providing military veterans with the resources, support and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education and employment following graduation.

The National SVA connects alumni together for mentorship, social networking and employment networking. 

Connect with the Brookhaven SVA

Facebook Logo Facebook: BrookhavenSVA

Twitter Logo Twitter: @BrookhavenSVA