Classes are currently being taught online. All physical facilities are closed to the public at this time and employees are working remotely.
Please visit for additional information and to find contact information for various departments.
If you need additional assistance, please visit My Community Services and our Community Employment Resources.

Tuition Waiver for Veterans

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

In-State Tuition for Veterans

Texas Education Code Section 54.241 Paragraph K, line 1 provides a person (veteran, spouse or dependent) who is eligible for benefits under the federal veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 or any other federal law authorizing veteran educational benefits, with in-state tuition prices. The person must file with their college a letter of intent (out-of-state waiver request) to establish residence in this state. The person resides in this state while enrolled in the institution.

Items Needed to Establish In-State Tuition

1.  Completed and signed Out-of-State Residency Waiver Request 

2. In-District/County Documentation: One or more of the following documents may be used to establish in-county residency classification provided they meet the correct criteria including listing the student's name and address. 

  • Most recent utility bill
  • Most recent bank/credit card statement
  • Lease/rental agreement
  • Other official mail such as a medical bill or tax statement that has been mailed within 30 days of enrollment.

Be aware that Dallas County limits and Dallas city limits are NOT the same. It is entirely possible to live outside of Dallas County yet still have a Dallas city address.

No refund for residency changes will be issued after the census date (12th class day).